Date: 24th July 2008 (Thursday)
Hi people!
It is time for me to write another blog. Today, I learn how to appreciate a picture or painting more by looking at Breughel’s “The Fall of Icarus”. It is interesting how one interprets what the message hidden in a painting. To be honest, I never thought that Icarus’ legs in the painting actually represents life must go on. When people like me think it is just an ordinary picture that illustrate Icarus’ incident, things that pops up in mind was “Hmmm, nice colour…” or “Is that Icarus in the lake?”. I never thought what the significance of Icarus legs is, or why the artist chooses certain colour and so on. Don’t be surprise if I say “It’s amaze me. And I want to love arts more!”. Maybe I will spend some time to go to the Museum of Arts.
Hi people!
It is time for me to write another blog. Today, I learn how to appreciate a picture or painting more by looking at Breughel’s “The Fall of Icarus”. It is interesting how one interprets what the message hidden in a painting. To be honest, I never thought that Icarus’ legs in the painting actually represents life must go on. When people like me think it is just an ordinary picture that illustrate Icarus’ incident, things that pops up in mind was “Hmmm, nice colour…” or “Is that Icarus in the lake?”. I never thought what the significance of Icarus legs is, or why the artist chooses certain colour and so on. Don’t be surprise if I say “It’s amaze me. And I want to love arts more!”. Maybe I will spend some time to go to the Museum of Arts.
I can still remember what my lecturer said in class about students. He said that there might be students who do not really know how to play with words but master on drawing. By learning to appreciate someone’s creative arts might help us as the future teacher to interpret their masterpiece. Yeah, I think that’s true. Never underestimate what this people can produce. This reminds me during my school time. We don’t really enjoy reading, but drawing is an interesting and beneficial activity as post reading activity.
Before I end my blog, I want to share what I’ve learn during tutorial classroom with my Iranian tutor. We had discussed about our first assignment, writing a position paper. My tutor gave us a list of prescribed text for this assignment, and I choose a short story by Heah Chwee Sian entitled “A Great Injustice”. He asked us to do a thesis statement for the text we have chosen. I have showed to him my thesis statement for the assignment and he did approve it. Now, I am working on the major points to support my thesis statement. I hope that I can do this excellently. Hope that I am healthy enough to finish the whole semester!
Well, that all for now. See you all next time!

No comments:
Post a Comment